- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science plus 3-6 years of practical experience.
- Knowledge in TFS for managing Tasks, Requirements and Change Request
- Experience in project planning, timeline management, issue tracking, and implementation execution
- Practical experience in software implementations and existing system enhancements including business analysis; requirements, use case, and specification documentation; report development; testing; and training
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong documentation skills
- Exposure to building collaborative relationships across functional areas
- SQL experience with knowledge of relational databases preferred
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment preferred
- Possesses a working knowledge with some relevant technologies, developer tools, development methods, systems and programming languages
CORE BUSINESS/ ADMIN SKILLS
Performs administrative duties as assigned including:
- Provides status reports and time tracking as required by manager.
- Tracks work requests according to defined Application Support procedures.
Exhibits ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Gathers and analyzes in-depth business requirements.
- Provides time estimates for programming solutions.
- Contributes to and reviews project plans to ensure project objectives are met.
- Practices effective consulting skills with Regional customers.
- Elicits customer feedback on business issues as they relate to the business requirements.
- Manages single and sometimes multiple projects within discipline.
- Must be proactive in taking ideas to customers and work with them in determining how IST can assist with their business needs.
- Ability to introduce new technology concepts and how to apply it in stablished solutions.
- May act as a business advisor to other departments.
- Should be able to “think outside the box”, formulating original ideas.
- Performs complex business and functional analysis. Collects, understands, and transmits the requirements for internal applications, and translates these into functional specifications.
- Assist in enforcement of corporate projects deadlines and schedules.
- Creates and executes multiple projects; this includes development and management of work plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Enforce project standards.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Lead the user acceptance testing process for internal applications. Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on resolved in a timely manner.
- Participates as trainer for end users.
- Ensures that project objectives are met and that all tasks are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Effectively sets expectations for project deliverables to project team/participants.
- Works effectively with business leaders to ensure accuracy of and to validate project deliverables.
- Be the primary contact for the Subsidiary and Region users.
- Assist the QA & Business teams with test case development in order to ensure testing aligns with business requirements.
FREEDOM TO ACT
- Independently develops application solutions to meet objectives.
- Plans tasks necessary to achieve objectives.
- Reviews plan and approach periodically with supervisor.
- Supervisor reviews completed work to ensure it provides a sound solution.
- Assignments are received both as tasks and objectives
- Conducts meetings with groups in the Subsidiary and Region in order to gather requirements.
- Negotiates, influences, recommends, and mediates skillfully in both oral and written communication.
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service and interpersonal skills, to all internal and external contacts.
- Develops effective documentation strategies for new standards, and processes.
- Researches and provides recommendations for specific business needs.
- Delivers effective and professional presentations to audiences of varying size and rank.
- Serves as mentor to other team members.
- May oversee the work of others who are assigned to assist with a project or task and updates Manager as needed.